Tuesday, November 20, 2007

its a 24 hour job

at 3:45am saylor began throwing up.colin left yesterday [he always misses the best and the worst things...weddings/funerals.parties/puking] but i am staying at my parents for the week and since my brother's home now too i just slept in the same room as saylor.which was good i was there quickly to catch alot of puke over the next four hours.poor little man.after throwing up he'd be sad and clammy and of course i'd rock him then he'd sleep for 30minutes then it'd start all over again.learned my lesson not to put a new outfit on him and not to put new sheets/blankets on-just started laying a towel down.he has only thrown up one other time, at 5months-it was a ton but just once and he fell back asleep right away.so this was an adventure and i had many visions of doing this when he was 4..9..imagining puke on the floor,bed,hair-maybe with a baby crying during all that...it does not matter if mom's back hurts or if she had a rough day--it's a 24 hour job.[and we want 4...!] and i had mixed feelings of dread, pride.. anxiety and most of all love and compassion,because no matter how drained i was, i was still full of love and wanting to give and take care of my son.
i eventually just let him lay with me in bed,with a couple towels on me and the bed.and he snuggled as close as two people can get,forcing his body closer,pushing into me.and my heart was full.and God loves us like this,only more?! thank you lord.
so i got a grande coffee this morning as opposed to my usual tall. :)

4 comments:

shutterthink said...

Bless you, Mama. You are a mother after the Lord's own heart. Do you need anything? Call me (and I know that means 'text me' to you. :)

Olive said...

oh no!! that is totally going around! both my kiddos and i had it last week. can i just say that i think the saddest thing in the world is a child vomiting? they just dont know what in the world is happening!! bless you dear mother, as beth said.

Aaron, Sarah, and Emily Walter said...

You're doing a great job through the tough stuff Mama!!! I think you deserved a venti :) When I was sick last week, I was thinking how I just wanted to curl up on the couch and hibernate for a few days, but Mommy must go on....OH, but it's worth it :)

Happy Hippie said...

I was sorry to read that Saylor had been sick,but you painted such a beautiful,warm picture of mother and child.