Monday, November 3, 2008

happy november

i'm really not a big music person.well i love music but i don't exactly seek it out. i don't own cds or an ipod, i'm never on itunes.colin is always playing amazing music in our house and i listen to it and there are some musicians/bands that i absolutely love. but i am particular....so it is a huge compliment [from me] if a band house of heroes is touring with captures my attention. i usually don't even stay in the room to listen to them play, unless they are friends of ours...but i have really enjoyed watching LUDO perform this month.it is i think the 3rd band that has really made me stop and go waaaait. this is fun! [other two being family force 5 and love arcade- of course.these bands are all gimmicky in a way.they dance, they dress up.. i like]. i think it says alot if you keep wanting to watch even though you've never heard the songs before.and even if you saw the same set the night before..
here is the ludo music video of the one song in particular that i like-

i LOVE it! the lyrics are seriously brilliant. this song could be in a musical.watch this video and try to not get it in your head.
looking forward to voting, then colin coming home, then on wednesday is our 4 year anniversary! [go us!]
there are a couple little side streets i pass on the way to my mom's house that amuse me every time i notice them... first being stoner alley. stoner alley! and the second houghoon alley. now how does one pronounce that?!

7 comments:

Happy Hippie said...

Who was that? They are so fun! Happy early 4th anniversary!!! And I agree, Stoner alley has been making me giggle for years! (I am giggling just thinking of it!) And I have NO idea how to pronounce the other, and come to think of it, i have never heard anyone else pronounce it either. Curious....

Anonymous said...

I saw Ludo perform in Florida last week. They are definitely one of my favorite bands, very fun in a non stupid way. :) It's actually funny that you say that "Love Me Dead" could be in a musical. One of their CDs is actually a rock opera and has been theatrically performed. Random, useless knowledge.

Hum Along is probably my favorite song of theirs.

Anonymous said...

i forgot that i said i'd leave you a comment so we can be real blog friends. sailor in the mouse suit- so awesome.

Anonymous said...

crap. only seconds after i left you that comment did i find your comment to me... so yeah. glad you found me!

Christopher Albin said...

-who-ooon? how-oon?
-hi irish, i had heard that their cd before love me dead was an opera-type thing that told a story. awesome! ill have to check them out.
-alie! love you!

saylor days said...

ok the comment from 'christopher albin' is not chris, it is me, saylor days. some person that will remain unnamed [or wait, already named] had logged into our computer and i hadn't realized it. i'm back to me, all squared away.

Lindsay Schneck said...

OMG why didnt we watch them?!?!? I love them! How could I not have known??