Friday, November 21, 2008

broken

on tuesday we lost a loved one. i grew up surrounded by people i've known since birth. our mom's were pregnant together and we all grew up in church together. on tuesday teena, mother of cabot, jessie and nicole passed away suddenly from a blood clot in her lung. i don't get it. the pain and the shock is doubled because their amazing father died in a motorcycle accident just two years ago. the pain of losing him was so intense. and now..this week..these were wonderful people who loved Jesus and fiercely loved their friends and family. i don't want to write every detail,i don't want to exploit their situation. but it's just one of those times where you just want to be mad at God. WHY why would you allow this Lord. they need their mother.it just doesn't make sense. and i know not much makes sense in this life... and i know tragedy hits us all.... i'm just tired of seeing things like this happen. it hurts. and it make me anxious and it really makes it hard for me to trust that the Lord wants good for us. that's always been hard for me to believe or to pray about. (reading 'the shack' really hit me in a personal way regarding those feelings).
services this weekend, prayers are appreciated. especially for the kids, their family. the holidays are going to be hard.i know the ache i feel is 1000 times more severe for them. please pray that they would somehow feel Jesus in this. and that they will lean on him. i don't think they could process this otherwise...

5 comments:

Heather Evans said...

Oh Michelle... That is horrible... I am so sorry. May Jesus wrap you and their family in love, comfort and peace. We love you.

meridith said...

i am so, so, sorry. praying for you all.

Anonymous said...

I am so very sorry- will be praying for you and for the family and all those who love and will be miss her

Happy Hippie said...

We will be praying for you, your family, and the family that lost another family member. You are not alone in this. I have been "mad" at God many times in this life. And one thing I have found is that if you speak real and raw, he hears it. He answers. I think God wants to hear from us in our most unpoised tones. As long as we come with a heart willing to hear what he has to say.He is there in the raw,colorful moments. When we are totally real with him he is real right back. Even when I thought God couldn't make it better, mend our relationship, or answer my questions, he always did. I will be so praying for you and all involved. And I am sending many BIG hugs your way!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope that God answers your pain and is with you and your friend's family.